Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Me defined.

If someone were to ask you "who are you?"
what would you say?
Would you tell of your education?
Would you tell the person where you are from 
or what family last name you have?
Or maybe you might list accomplishments
and awards such as listed on a resume'.
Do you ever hear "I'm just..."
when someone tells who they are,
as though insignificant?
I know many of us haven't seen the movie
"The Lion King"
but there is a profound line in that 
children's movie...
'REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE'
Whenever I see a tiara
I can't help but
see who God says I am.
Apart from all the labels, titles, and words
that I could use to describe myself, 
whether good or bad,
I see a tiara and know that it is made for a princess.
Not the 'spoiled brat~that gets everything~she wants
 princess'
 but the one that knows her position 
simply because she knows who her Father is.
A true princess is a daughter of the King.
Simple.
Position.
No arrogance.
No pity.
Just loved.
'May we know Him better...'
 last quote from A Christmas Carol

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! What a lovely reminder of who we really are...thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...