Saturday, March 17, 2012


I found a treasure the other day.
It wasn't at a thrift store
or an estate sale 
but it was a great find!

It was found in a book that was buried
deeply in a huge wicker basket.

My husband is not a reader but has a few
very interesting books on various subjects.
One of his favorite topics is sports.
He can devour a John Wooden book in minutes!
He loves to learn and teach about 
the heart of an athlete.

I was sitting in a favorite corner while sipping on a glass of peach sun tea
enjoying the peace and quiet...
(a rare moment in our full and noisy home)
I looked down at the overflowing basket 
of books and thought that maybe I should 
file some away onto the bookshelves in the den.

Curious, I picked up one of the husband books
on the subject of sports.
I thumbed through reading about Colt McCoy,
 Tim Tebow, and another guy. 
(I don't remember his name)
And interestingly, the author interviewed
the parents of these stand out athletes.
Ok, now I'm really curious...
"What are your family values?" etc.

Now my creative brain is ready to take notes
and post it in our home as subway art
or script it on a chalkboard and enamel over it so it cannot be erased...

This is the simple treasure
{reminder} 
that I found from Mr. and Mrs. Tebow:

Be Kind.
Love God.
Live Excellently.
Be Humble.
Serve Fellow Man.
Do Not Complain.

This little treasure is filled with great
wisdom from people who have been tried
and who continue to be true.

What life treasures have you discovered lately?

deborah

image:flickr

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! That's a great way to live.
    Hope you have a happy day, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola guapa,
    ¡¡¡Qué bonitas palabras!!! Gracias por compartirlas con nosotros.
    Te deseo que pases unas Felices Pascuas.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, and a beautiful book page treasured find.

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deborah, thank you so much for stopping by - it's really great!

    I wish you a wonderful weekend and send many greetings
    Tine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...