Saturday, December 3, 2011

choosing to be simple


"I believe that a simple
and unassuming life
 is best for everyone.
Best both for the body
and the mind."
Albert Einstein

I got out a piece of white chalk
and scribed Einstein's words onto the wall
of our family dining room a few days ago.

In such a beautiful, beautiful season
it is so easy to get caught up
on the 'Commercialized Crazy Christmas Train.'
The train goes way too fast and can take
passengers to destination that they
really didn't plan to go
making it nearly impossible to take in
the wonder of the season. 

Simplicity doesn't just happen in our family.
We have to plan for quiet.
We say no to some 'opportunities'
so that we can say yes to peace, love and joy.

I love this time of year!
Candlelight and Christmas lights
with a quiet cup of tea...

How do you choose simplicity?

xo deborah

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful unassuming words, thank you for sharing. I have enjoyed my time searching through your beautiful blog. I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...