Saturday, July 30, 2011

she had a ring like this...

{ kindness }
happened.


Have you heard of a book called
Love Languages?

It describes 5 key ways in which
a person generally feels loved.

The receiving of:

{quality time}
{kind words}
{touch}
{acts of service}
{and gifts}

I have to just laugh
{so I don't cry}
when one of my daughters
gives away yet another necklace, ring,
pair of designer shorts, or cute shirt
to an admiring friend.
Yes, she does this often.
{and I know...}
It is awfully kind and giving of her.

She gave an aunt a favorite doll
when she was little.
And gave her grandmother a collectible
porcelain bunny rabbit
{that I just bought her}
and she has given her friends
many clothing items, jewelry pieces,
and toys over years of
{kind}
and
 {giving}
friendship...

We have had to establish a few ground rules.
*If her dad or I bought it for her
she needs to check first.
*If she bought it with her own $
she's free to do with it as she pleases.
That way we will know that she still has clothes to wear to school. {insert grin}


I love that no matter what
she chooses to wear for clothes,
she always wears
{kindness}
in her heart.
deborah

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. that's such a pretty post...wearing kindness in our hearts sounds like something we should all strive to do. Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...